Cake Balls as seen on Bakerella:
Red Velvet Cake Balls
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
I also only melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot.
Dairy-free Sugar Cookies
1 1/2c Shortening
2c granulated sugar
2tsp baking powder
Cream shortening, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees, just until they are barely done.
Best Gingersnaps Ever
2 1/4 cups Margarine, softened
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup molasses
6 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 tsp ginger
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
melted white chocolate
Mix margarine, sugar, eggs and molassess.
Cream together then add the rest of the
Roll into balls and roll balls in sugar.
Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 °F.
Cool cookies on wax paper.
Dip half of cookie into melted white
Monday, December 21, 2009
Posted by Dan and Michelle at 11:03 AM